Friday, March 29, 2019

Toddler apron!

My toddler likes helping me bake, so my friend’s mum made her a little apron that she could wear.
My friend’s little girl also likes to bake, so I decided to use the one we have as a pattern to make her a present.
It’s very easy once you have the measurements so here’s a sketch:
I made a narrow hem using the hemming foot on my sewing machine, but if you don’t have a special foot you can just do a normal hem making sure that the raw edges are turned under so it doesn’t fray. That’s actually what I did on the top and bottom hems anyway.

Then I attached the ribbons for the apron strings. First I folded over about a quarter of an inch at the end as a hem so that it wouldn’t fray. I put Velcro on the neck ties so that it can be adjustable but also easy to take on and off. Lengths for the ribbons: 2 lengths of 15” long for the waist ties, 1 length of 8” long with about 1” Velcro (the scratchy hook side), 1 length of 12” long with about 4” Velcro (the soft loop side).


Finally, I also got some appliqué letters to spell out her name across the front.
I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment