Monday, March 25, 2019

Starting to sew again: Snowman advent calendar

Not long after I had made my vampire cosplay, I found out I was pregnant and so the bedroom that I was using to sew in got taken over as a nursery and my poor sewing machine got put away in a cupboard for two years. It was always on my list of things to get back to at some point, so when I saw a kit for an advent calendar at Christmas time I couldn’t resist buying it to make for my daughter for next year. Eventually I got around to clearing the desk in the box room and turning it from a general dumping ground into a sewing room so I could settle down in the evenings and make the advent calendar.
The cutting out, pinning on and stitching on of all the little pockets took longer than all the other making up. I hate sewing in ends so I’m not sure why I thought it was a good idea to sew twenty five pockets onto a piece of fabric was a good idea. Each pocket had to be hemmed at the top as well so that was a hundred ends to sew in! Not to mention that I accidentally hemmed the wrong edge of pocket number nine so I almost had two number sixes.
Finally it was done, about a month after I started it but I did go on holiday for a week, so actually it’s not too bad. And it looks pretty good too. I hope she likes the Snowman...

No comments:

Post a Comment