Tuesday, March 2, 2021

February Sewing

I seem to be making about two things a week at the moment, so let's see what I can remember. I'm still doing the 52 week sewing challenge so this will be weeks 5 to 8.

Week 5 - Sew something for Storage
My daughter likes to bring her favourite cuddly toy everywhere, so we decided to make a little sling for her to carry it in so it doesn't get lost. 
We made a mini mei-tai from The Art of Simple tutorial and it came out quite well. If I make it again, I think I will just use webbing or ribbon for the straps as sewing and turning out and topstitching took quite a lot of time.

I also made myself another top - this one was Hallå Stardust top (free pattern again!) which has some nice other colour blocking options but I made the plain version for now. It came out quite nicely.

Not to mention, another cuddly. This time it's a fish.


Week 6 - sew something with buttons or snaps

I actually had a pattern to test this month - exciting! It's a scarf/bib and it has snaps so I made it for the challenge too. It's not released yet but when it is I'll put a link in. It's from The Cajun Girl

And I made a pirate jumper too - this is the Altitude pattern from Peek-a-boo patterns. 


Week 7 - sew something "green" or eco-friendly
I didn't do the weekly challenge as I couldn't think of anything I could easily make that we would actually use. So instead I made some leggings (Made by Jack's Mum lightning leggings) and a giant bean bag ball (Ellie & Mac Stuffy Ball) to store all the cuddly toys in (you could argue that this prevents me throwing all the cuddly toys in the bin! Not sure)
Oh I almost forgot - I made a little twirly skirt out of a glittery remnant that I had. She didn't believe I'd made it at first because it has glitter on it.

Week 8 - sew something that's not fabric
I was planning to make something out of some Capri-sun packets for this, but as it happened I was busy with other things.
I do a monthly handmade gift swap (The Great Crafting Gift Swap on Facebook) so I made an infinity pocket scarf for that - The Patterns for Pirates one which I did before Christmas. I suppose a zip for the pocket is kind of not fabric?

And I've got a springy foot to do free motion embroidery but I'm not very good yet so no pictures of that.
 
Links to pattern designers that are in this post (not affiliate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment