Monday, August 6, 2012

Patchwork Owl - March 2012

I've been making things lately, but I keep forgetting to blog about them so stand by for a few posts in a row.
Partly that was because I was making things as presents so I didn't post about them before i gave the present, and then I forgot all about it!

So in March it was my mum's birthday. I decided to make her a cake which you can read about here, and as a present I made her a patchwork owl as she runs a Brownie pack so she is a 'Brown Owl'.

Patchwork owl sitting on the sofa!
The pattern was quite simple as the owl is symmetrical, the main problem I had was hemming the beak & eyes (you might be able to tell from the picture they're a bit frayed especially at the corner of the beak)

Anyway my mum loves it so that's the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment